Social Media Addiction Rehab Treatment
Are you, or someone you know, addicted to social media? Are you worried about how much time you’re spending online?
Contact Gladstones Clinic today for expert guidance from our highly trained therapy team.
Social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram help to connect people across huge distances but they can also be a place to escape reality. Cultivating a persona and a life online, connected to other people on social media sites can feel secure and safe. Online affirmation through likes, shares, comments and follows can become addictive. Fear of missing out (or FOMO) often drives people towards spending more and more time online.
The recent rise of mobile technology allows social media websites to be accessed through devices such as smart phones or tablets. This creates an opportunity for a person to be constantly connected to their social media channels as their devices are always with them. Unchecked, excessive behaviour around mobile device usage can spiral out of control. This can result in a condition called Smart Phone Addiction or “nomophobia” (fear of being without a mobile phone). An addiction to social media or your device can cause a multitude of health and mental problems.
Signs and Symptoms of Social Media Addiction and Smart Phone Addiction Disorder
- Disturbed sleep – waking at several intervals during the night to check your phone
- Feelings of anxiety/increasing stress when you are not on your smart device.
- Ignoring or being oblivious to what’s happening around you because you are preoccupied with your phone/device.
- Posting or commenting excessively on your social media profiles.
- Relationship problems based on how much time you spend on social media and your phon.
- Lack of concentration or interest on anything other than your phone/device.
- Finding it difficult to have face-to-face conversations with others as it is much more comfortable conversing via the phone or tablet.
- Trouble completing tasks at work/college or home, failing to achieve or make commitments.
- Increasing loneliness and depression.
- Loss of ambition and responsibility.
- Difficulties in relating to people, particularly family who are not involved in your social media activity.
- Communication problems with friends, family and work colleagues.
Getting Social Media Addiction Help
If your social media addiction continues to have a negative impact on your life, and your attempts at cutting down or quitting have failed, it may be time to find out how we can help you.
Gladstones is one of only a few private clinics worldwide with a specialised rehab department focused specifically on therapy for social media and mobile phone addictions. This is why we are uniquely placed to offer professional help to those people struggling with this problem.
We offer bespoke treatments that are tailor made to treat the individual’s specific behavioural patterns and personal problems. Gladstones staff are all professionally trained and qualified and our rehab centres are comfortable and private – giving you the best chance of recovery.
If you think you could be suffering from social media or mobile phone addiction get in touch with one of our expert counsellors today for confidential advice.